Saturday, March 28, 2009

Psalm 86:5

You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.
Discerning the verse that encompasses everything we do in the Alaskan village always takes longer than we expect. Yesterday, a friend and I finally settled on Psalm 86:5. Phew.We've been sensing that we are supposed to center our dramas, puppet shows, Bible school and adult fellowships around a theme of Darkness and Light.

God invites us into the process of extending hope to others. He puts His light in the containers of our personalities and asks us to hold it out that people might see Him and bring their unlit life to Him for hope. Elisa Morgan

As we prepare I sometimes ask God "is this for them or for me?"

And I think He smiles, winks, and whispers in my ear "both."

"Our conversion is not entirely our conversion. God is continually in the process of converting us -- from our will to His way; from our fear to His assurance; from our efforts to His sufficiency; from our pursuit of the Christian life to an abandonment to His life within us."
-Wayne Brown

Alright.

Have your way with me.

I don't want the Christian life. I want you.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Amen ~ Sister!
Blessings~ LillySue

patty said...

wandered over from mrs. dunbar's... i'm so curious about your work in alaska. beautiful pictures. and on my bedside stand? "Mother Teresa's Reaching Out in Love"... have a great end to your weekend!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

OH Cathy, I couldn't agree more. I still want to discuss the Shack. I'll get that email over soon. Trying to keep my eyes on the cross, my life layed down before His feet, is so hard for me at the moment. What I know in my heart is not making it to my head. Let us know about your plans for Alaska.

Related Posts with Thumbnails