Friday, January 1, 2010

MY WORD*, 2010

"The saddest thing about life is you don't remember half of it. You don't remember half of half of it. Not even a tiny percentage, if you want to know the truth."

Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

"The ambition we have will become the stories we live. We watch a commercial [or read a decorating blog] advertising a new Volvo, and suddently we feel our life isn't as content as it once was. And so we begin our story of buying a Volvo, only to repeat the story with [another antique toile tray] and then a new [set of bird dishes from Target]. And this can go on for a lifetime.

When the credits roll, we wonder what we did with our lives, and what was the meaning.

If you want to know what a person's story is about, just ask them what they want."

Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

This year I want more of Jesus.

Because even though there is a force in this world who doesn't want us to face our fears...a force who encourages focusing on the temporal rather than the eternal...a force who hates daring and beautiful stories...

God has equipped us to create incredibly beautiful stories, no matter our circumstances.

And greater is GOD, than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

"There is a writer outside ourselves, plotting a better story for us, interacting with us, even, and whispering a better story into our consciousness." Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

This year I choose to live my life as a great story.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? Isaiah 43:19

*Inspired by bloggers, instead of making New Year's resolutions I have chosen one word to focus on in this brand-spanking new year.

**Book photo from this book. Everyone, young or old, must have this book in their library.

4 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

This is my greatest desire this year too! Gorgeous truth and post.

Mrs. C... said...

Due to technical difficulty, I have been away. I have missed you!!! Know that this post touched my heart in a way that so needed to be touched. As I start a new adventure, this too will be my focus! Beautifully written, and now I need to go buy a book :)

Genn said...

What a great word to choose for the year. I've never chosen a word for the year before, and I am very excited to focus on mine throughout 2010.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Happy New Year. :)

patty said...

great post, cathy!... and the photos are fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails