Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Simple

photo: Iowa Cornfields


The story goes that a great theologian was speaking to a large group of graduate students.

A hand was raised and the question asked.

“Sir, if you could tell us one thing only, the most important theological point from all your study and research, what would you tell us?”

A hush fell over the room. Pencils were poised to write. The theologian thought for a moment. And then, breaking the silence in the lecture hall, he answered.

“The greatest thing I have ever learned? Jesus loves me…this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”

What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul! What wondrous love is this, O my soul!…To God and to the Lamb, I will sing. To God and to the Lamb Who is the great “I Am”; While millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing; While millions join the theme, I will sing. Hymn composed by William Walker

1 comment:

Paul said...

I have just discovered your site, by accident.
Please post more.
You all have a gift.

Related Posts with Thumbnails