Wednesday, September 16, 2009

reward


dear kurt,

when i first met you, you were a baby

i was amazed you were riding a bike with your sister

i almost didn't return to your village after that first summer

because your way of life is different than mine

and it made me think of myself in new ways

and sometimes new ways of thinking about myself are painful in my soul

but i returned

because God wanted me to watch you grow into...

him!

on the list of things i love God for

"kurt" is there

3 comments:

Paul said...

"sometimes new ways of thinking about myself are painful in my soul but i returned because God wanted me to watch you grow...."

Your thoughtful and excellent post reminds me of a quote from Kipling:

"What do they know of England who only England know...."

Your experiences in Alaska have taught you about yourself and have helped others at the same time.

Kind of like a two-for-one sale.

Neat!

patty said...

oh-how beautiful, cathy! {and he's so sweet!} i think i would really like to be your friend IRL! :) i'd love to know all about what you've done in alaska and the ways it's haunted your soul.
your words are beautiful! :)

Sue said...

What a sweet little doll!

Related Posts with Thumbnails