Monday, November 22, 2010

a tale of vases, candles & santa

IMG_7063


in between dentist visits {found out today i have to have a consult about braces!}, i found some time to putter around my house...truly one of my favorite ways to spend a day!

3 vases lined up in a row...i just swoon over the "crispness" of it

IMG_7078


has anyone told you about flameless candles?  oh my!  i loooove them so much! i worry SO about leaving a burning candle lit...too much worry!
{although i still have to have a few real mixed in}

i get the ones with the real looking wick and the timer...they come on at 4:30 in our house and go off like magic at 9:30 (hey, we're early to bed folks)

(costco had one amazing set left, sam's has lots of sets but a crummy bulb wick)

IMG_7066

and finally, a little peek of Christmas made its way into the dining room

love how my new gorgeous mirror picked up my petite tree's pretty reflection...i took the picture to show you the whole mirror, but love the reflection more!

after the dentist today, i met my sister for lunch (a perk of traveling across town to see my dentist so often)...we were walking through the mall and saw SANTA looking bored

before you could say "come dasher!" we were sitting on his lap saying cheese

i think our $5 picture on santa's lap may just be my dad's favorite gift this year

i'm beginning to feel the magic of the season...winter whites, candle glow, and santa, sissy and me

ThAnKfUll for it all...

{even my whopper-jawed mouth}

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just finished up my braces consult and x-rays, should have braces soon!!!

Love the flameless candles!

Di

Anonymous said...

Just finished up my braces consult and x-rays, should have braces soon!!!

Love the flameless candles!

Di

Julie Harward said...

That sounds like a fun day...I love it when the magic of Christmas comes a tapping on my shoulder too! Happy Thanksgiving! ;D

Claudia said...

Your mirror is awfully lovely! And I like seeing that little touch of Christmas.

xo
Claudia

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I love the peek of aqua reflected in the mirror. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

patty said...

happy t-giving, cathy! love the colors in your house, clean but also warm! :) and... um... why didn't you post the santa picture??? :o

patty said...

it looks beautiful, cathy! we have such plans for decorating, but everyday, something... and, um... why didnt you post the pic w santa??!! ;)
happy thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails