Monday, January 10, 2011

well, hello!

IMG_7762
backyard sandhill crane, florida 2010

getting ready to go back to work tomorrow

after i hit "post" i will write an assignment for my college students

they will have to turn off their cell phones for a day

and write about how that little action affected their face-to-face communication with others

i wonder if they'll look like a deer in headlights when i explain the assignment

or like this crane when they have to look into another's eyes during a conversation

i'm trying new things this semester...

big ideas...fun activities

i'm ready for that bell to ring!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE it!! ;)

P.S. Are you a Coms teacher? My undergrad is in Coms/PR. Just curious....

Julie Harward said...

Way to go teach! I have wondered about that too...can they still talk..write..communicate at all? I would love to hear about it! ;D

patty said...

perfect!
the picture, the assignment, both~

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Good luck to your students. They really wont know what to do with themselves! No talking or texting....the world as we know it will surely end!

Kellee said...

I love that photo. LOL

And I love that idea. I wish I could do that. Unfortunately, my job requires me to have a phone and to keep it on. Maybe I'll give it a try one weekend. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails