Friday, April 30, 2010

tree decorating

IMG_2765

I don't like things that can be reproduced. Wood isn't important in itself but rather in the fact that objects made in it are unique, simple, unpretentious.
Georg Baselitz


steps in the mountain-top cabin we rented a few weeks ago...


breathtaking in their simplistic beauty


i can't tell if it's the swedish influence in decorating these days...


or my age...


or the harried pace of my life...


but i'm really loving 


simple. organic. clean. calm.


b e a u t y

4 comments:

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Wow -- you are so right... Armstrong flooring, try as they might, will NEVER be able to duplicate that gorgeous grain, tone, and feel.

Mountain top cabin = aahhhh..... relaxing.... :)

Have a relaxing weekend!!

XOXO

Ruth

patty said...

simply gorgeous, both the steps and your post. hugs!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

A late congrats on your big winnings from Ruth. Ok, for the record I am a bit jealous as I am a self proclaimed bookjunky! I imagine I will recover. Enjoy your goodies!

Kellee said...

It's NEVER too late for simple. organic. clean. calm.

We could all use big doses of that in our lives, I think.

And those are lovely, and well captured. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails