Monday, June 28, 2010

smitten

BLOGCOWS

Cows are amongst the gentlest of breathing creatures; none show more passionate tenderness to their young when deprived of them; and, in short, I am not ashamed to profess a deep love for these quiet creatures. ~Thomas de Quincey

IMG_4695

i suppose i have always loved cows...i mean, really, most teenagers don't go into antique stores and purchase this ceramic cow's head for their mother, do they? {circa 1979}


or buy a spice based on its container?

IMG_4668

or go to the lake and buy this antique cow print as a souvenir?

IMG_4690


as i looked around my house, camera in hand, i noticed that i have acquired a small herd.  i think i should be living on a farm.


which is why i love kristin over at faded prairie.  she finally diagnosed me with the same sickness as hers...BOD {bovine obsessed disorder}


some women love roses, but me?


i'm smitten with cows

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have ROD... rooster obsessive disorder and lately a case of VWPOD (vintage white pitchers obsessive disorder) AND a host of other disorders but we'll just leave it at that... LOL

Di

Mrs. C... said...

Wow!!! Cows!! Who knew??? I thought your passion was birds?! They are sweet, but I think quiet only in your pictures and ceramics. Real cows are quite loud ;) Happy Day friend.

patty said...

lol-funny girl! seriously, the painting looks lovely! and i have that very mustard. yum. and-did you take that first shot?? did you notice it's eyes, so dark and wonderfully huge? :)
{but ps: i'm afraid there's going to be problems... none of your cows are facing the same direction ((they're scattered)) yikes!}

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, so funny. Cows do seem awfully sweet. I'm more of a dog/horse girl myself, though. Haven't had the opportunity to introduce myself to many cows, so who knows! :)

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Oh I'll take a Swiss Brown over an American Beauty (rose) any day!!! :)

Loved the mustard tin!!

Alaska or bust, huh?? :)

Keep me posted!!

XOXO
Ruth

P.S. -- I love that Olivia soap!!!

Paul said...

Please know that I wish I had time to comment adequately.
You text and photo essays are superb....
I hope when things/events settle down at The Study that I will be able to do justice to the work of art you are creating on your site.
I neglect my own and your comment opportunity.
Thanks for your work.

Jamie said...

I love cows, too! The brown and white spotted ones are my favorites...Too cute.

Thanks for your blog! Your writing is inspiring to me. (Pictures, too.) Keep it up.

Happy 4th!
Jamie @ Cozy Your Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails