Sunday, December 18, 2011

H o M e

IMG_0106

did you know you can buy display props at anthropologie?  these antique marmalade jars made me jump for JoY when i saw them...i've been wanting one for years....i'm sure they hadn't been snapped up because people don't realize you can buy the props

they had to do some digging to find a skew no. for the little one...and then i bartered...ha!  they were busy, so the clerk said "oh, all right...but we never barter, just so you know"

IMG_0115

and hobby lobby, how do i love thee?

hadn't been for months but popped in the other day and fell in love with Bessie here (or Buford)...with my 40% off coupon, she/he was a steal

i bought my mom a ceramic cow just like this one (only bigger) when i was 16...guess i've always loved my bovine

IMG_0107

and these little anthro spice jars...on sale now for $2.95

i love all things ceramic...swoon

my husband has really outdone himself this christmas...

now, i must remember to tell my boys that when they are married someday, they should be the ones to shop, buy, and wrap their wives' gifts...our system is a bit unconventional but i love it

and my husband does too because he doesn't have to set foot in a store :)

5 comments:

noreen said...

sounds wonderful, cathy, and your pictures are beautiful. sorry to miss bob's party. hug everyone for me!

noreen said...

HI Cathy,
I love your blog and nominated you for the Versatile Blogging Award. The details are on my site.

Hooray for your work here!
Noreen

Mrs. Dunbar said...

you bartered at anthro? oh, how i wish we could go shopping together.

now, our system is pretty much the same. but i've stepped it up a litte, asking for some effort on the hubby's part. i take a picture with my phone of exactly what i want, isle, store, price everything. and he has to go get it. its actually kind of fun because i've been taking pictures of everything. and then i don't really know exactly what i'm getting.

but alas, i think he would appreciate your complete system much more.

patty said...

ah! we use this same system.. the white spyder ski sweater he bought me for xmas has been sitting in the bottom of the closet all fall, waiting for me to wrap it. :)
i've tried to scoop up bath and body displays, but never anthropologie... of course, that would be hard w/o one in driving range...
xo

for the love of a house said...

hi Cathy! So nice to meet you. I love your marmalade jars. I had no idea that Anthropologie sold props- and good for you for bargaining! Hobby Lobby just opened here a couple of months ago. I loved them in Dallas and was so excited to go into it the other day- so many great things.
I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
joan

p.s. thank you so much for leaving your "calling card" and for your sweet note.

Related Posts with Thumbnails