Monday, November 2, 2009

Goodbye October

Oh, October, how I love thee!


When you come along, I love to bake my favorite autumn cookie..."pumpkin cookie with cinnamon glaze"...oh, my!

How I love the warm colors God dresses you with!

I love the windy, smoky sound of the air when it carries your voice.


The only flaw that you have, sweet October, is Halloween. Well, some folks love you for that, but not me. I forgive you. After all, everyone has a few skeltons in their closets.

This Halloween, I decided we would make something zAnY for the school party...

They're CUPCAKES! (way!) Recipe from Hello Cupcake (those are chocolates on top with grated white chocolate "cheese") . The 5th graders ate them up...figuratively and literally).


Speaking of 5th graders...here's my favorite one. He loves you, too, October.

And 45 Octobers ago, God sent me to my parents (and my sister...and my husband to his parents...yes, all on the SAME October day!)

So in celebration of my birth day, I bought these amazing cowgirl boots with birthday dollars from my ever-so-gracious in-laws. They're Luccese, and I've wanted them for quite a few Octobers.

And guess who else owns them?


Yep, Pioneer Woman! I received her incredible cookbook in the mail yesterday and it looks wonderful. I think she loves October, too, because look at those October colors she used on her book! (If you have never read Ree's blog, hurry and do so now!)


Oh, rich October. I hate to see you go. Thank you falling away a little bit at a time...

...leaving all your leafy clothes for November to catch!

8 comments:

Mrs. Dunbar said...

I love it when you blog!!!!

Happy Birthday dear friend!! I hope you celebrated however you like. Are you a quality timer or a gifts person?

You got PW's cookbook? Is it that awesome? I've thought about purchasing it, but she gives so many great recipes on her blog... if you tell me its worth it, I'll purchase it.

So how do you and your husband split the birthday thing?

Hugs and much love to you from Cali! Oh, and I mentioned you on my blog, for like the 14th time...

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

heyyyyyy!

hAppY BiRthdAy! (all be it belated)
how fun... a fall bday! the best time of year!

i have a pair pf Luccese boots... they are my FAVE shoes ever! they're like butter for your feet... comfy as all get out & hip too! :)
NOW... if we could just figure out a way to get together... we could have lunch... BOTH in our cute boots! :)

and as if i have not had enough sugar...
THOSE cupcakes look SO good! :)

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Hi Cathy,

I, too, love October! And November. And December. ;)

You have such a flair for writing! Great post!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :)

Great boots, by the way!

RUth

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it's already Nov 4th. Love your cowboy boots! and I'm going to have to order that cookbook!

patty said...

such an awesome post! happy birthday!! when exactly was it? love the boots, too-they're gorJUS! and those cupcakes look devine! YUM! :)

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't fall such a lovely season? There is beauty everywhere!

Jamie said...

October brought my wonderful husband to life, too. What a fabulous month!

Another fabulous post, too!

Sue said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!
How sweet that you share a birthday with your hubby...There is three days between Me and my hubbys. I think it is a good excuse to celebrate for a whole week.
Blessings~LillySue

Related Posts with Thumbnails