Tuesday, March 2, 2010

metamorphosis

what happens when you really want a long, narrow farmhouse table to fill up your den,
but you don't have the big, fat pile of money to pay for it?

Photobucket

but, of course!

you lug your mom's old {heavy} wooden table top inside on a winter day

{poor thing has been living in the garage all these years}

and you clean and shine it...

Photobucket

and take a porch table from outside and remove the glass top

and call your neighbor to come help you lift the big wooden table top

but your neighbor isn't home, so you rig up a lever system

{and call yourself brilliant when it works}

and you carefully scooch the new invention into the corner

Photobucket

and you shop your house to accessorize the top...

ta-da -- you get a new table for your den!

and what makes your afternoon even more fun?

your bloggy friend {with exquisite taste} Ruth does the redesign with you

via photos and email!

who knew such a beat up caterpiller could turn into such an interesting butterfly?

my decorating-artsy-move-furniture-around mama would be so proud


ps--don't know what's up with my picture sizes! wow, do I need a fairy godmother for my blog!

8 comments:

*The Beautiful Life* said...

That was ONE FUN DAY, girlie! :)

I've been thinking about that so much!

Good times!

I love what you did!! And I loved "browsing" the stuff on that chair (i.e. your purse, etc.. ). Like BEING THERE! :)

XOXO
Ruth

Claudia said...

Gorgeous! You and Ruth collaborate beautifully.

xo
Claudia

traci said...

wow look at you. great job. it looks wonderful. don't ya love it when a plan comes together.

patty said...

oh it looks so good, cathy!! where did you find the time??
...and i lovelovelove india aerie! but, of course! :)

Diane said...

Hi Cathy,
It's been a little while since my last visit so I really enjoyed reading through your posts.
The table is beautiful and I love the ingenuity used in it's creation. My hat's off to you and Ruth on a fabulous project.
Diane
Tidbitstidingsanddailydoodles.blogspot.com

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN said...

Beautiful table! Thanks for the visit :) Deanna

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

squeal... squeal... i love it!
and to think i has been in the garage!
a gem you have there!

you... and ruth did a great job! whoop!
designing FUN!

i don't notice anything wrong with your pics.
they look great!
maybe you fixed it already.

tiffany said...

Love the look of the decor in your den. Very cute!
P.S. I too have a very savy mama that moves furniture around quite often in her house to make unique looks in all of the rooms of her house. I can remember coming home from school to the surprise of our living room or my bedroom looking completely different. I was always amazed how quickly she could transform a room in half a day...and move all that heavy furniture around by herself! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails